Tuesday, January 17, 2012

4am cookies

I am always hungry.

No really. I am always hungry.

This is one of the (better? I don't mind it.) side effects of running a lot.

Today I overheard part of a conversation that ended in, "Yeah, I just haven't been able to sleep through the night because I'm so hungry. I woke up at 4am and had to eat some oatmeal cookies." It's comments like this that make me feel marginally less weird. Even if these comments come when we are, oh yes, running in circles around the indoor track.

Side notes for safe keeping:
a. I ran 14 miles on Sunday when it was 15 degrees out. While I was shockingly dressed appropriately, complete with face mask, and I was not cold, it was NOT fun. My muscles definitely had to work harder and it was just not enjoyable. Though looking like a ninja was pretty BA.

b. Killer track workout tonight! Running negative splits at the end of a workout makes for an excellent day.

c. I am racing the mile on Sunday at the GBTC invitational at Harvard-- first time since high school GAH. In a uniform and everything. My goal is to break 6:30 but it has been a long time, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I'm sure celebrating Adam's birthday on Saturday will shave at least 10 seconds off my time :-D

Happy running!

3 comments:

  1. I have been running at 6 degrees at blue hills and it IS hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously! i eat alllll of the time. i was up making pudding at midnight tonight.

    ReplyDelete