Saturday, January 21, 2017

Blogging with a toddler on my lap!!

I think I (very periodically.) maintain this blog to shed some light into what it's like to train for a marathon, at least from my perspective. I never thought I would be a runner when I was younger, and when I did start running, never thought I'd have it in me to run a marathon. I think I want my readers to know that if *I* can do it, anybody can do it.

And "it" doesn't necessarily have to be running. It can be whatever you think would be really cool -- challenging, rewarding, growth-yielding, enjoyable. If you just keep plugging, good things will happen.



(Watch from today's run on my FAVORITE Minuteman Rail Trail, from Lexington to Davis Square. 50 degrees and running towards Boston amidst a sea of pussy hats and marathon trainers? Yes please.)

So in the spirit of shedding light on marathon training, I thought I'd shed some light on the crazy thoughts I have while running crazy miles.

1. Can I run this pace for two hours?
2. Food.
3. Zoe.
4. Can I run this pace for two hours?
5. That's a weird looking stick.
6. Can I run this pace for two hours?
7. Food
8. Jon.
9. School
10. School
11. School
12. School
13. Can I run this pace for two hours?
14. Margaritas
15. School
16. School
17. Look! Pussy hats!
18. Can I run this pace for two hours?
19. School
20. I'm getting tired. Time to try some dates as fuel.
21. Are these dates hurting my belly?
22. School
23. I LOVE THIS SONG.
24. (Many dance moves in my head)
25. (Swear words)
26. School

etc.

The dates were a big deal today because Gu and Honey Stingers upset my stomach and ruin my run, so I've been searching for an alternative. Dates supposedly also have a good dose of electrolytes, which would be good as salt caps are a little too strong for me, and Gatorade makes my mouth taste disgusting. I think it was successful?! I generally try not to take fuel in my runs under 16 miles, but I want to figure out what kind of fuel works, and get my system used to it. I'm ok with it. It would be really nice if dates were a solution!!!


Ever wonder what it's like to be in my head, not just running, but in most situations? Enjoy. Especially about 3 minutes in. Loooove me some Pitbull!!!!



Happy running :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That clip am NOT what comes out in public, so thank you for blogging. :)

    See, that stuff goes on in my head too, but I think you do a better job of putting it in harnesses so it pulls in a planned direction. Like sled dogs, vs the same energy in a crazed mob.

    ReplyDelete